Where to Ski
Bardonecchia has several different skiing areas which all have something different to offer to skiers.
The first area is known as the Colomion-Les Arnauds. It is connected to another skiing area known as Melezet: here there’s a wealth of wide runs that snake down through the trees. The starting point is from Campo Smith (1300 m) in the heart of the resort and the lifts take you up to the highest point of 2400 metres where you can ski above the tree line.
Just 5 minutes from the centre there is the third skiing area Jafferau. There is a free ski bus that runs from the city to Jafferau where the skiing is mainly on open runs with amazing views over the surrounding mountains. Here the highest point is 2800 metres and in spring there are endless possibilities for off-piste skiing.
- 23 ski lifts which can carry up to 30.000 people per hour
- 100km of runs (5 black, 18 red, 16 blue)
- 38km equipped with snow cannons
- Olympic Half pipe
- Cross-country skiing
- Signposted paths for snow shoe excursions
- Ski & snowboard schools
- First aid/medical assistance
- Bars & restaurants on the slopes
- Ski, snowboard & accessory hire
- Railway station
- Ice rink